1. Raw milk, five gallons of it. Actually, it is sitting in my garage fridge. When I make a milk run, it is not to Megamart, it is to some guy's backyard with a giant illegal chicken coop and a Ron Paul sign. In fact, friends in the 'hood with the same milk hook-up call it "chicken milk" (meet our friends at their blog HERE).
2. Coconut oil, one partial and one whole gallon. We freaky foodies buy food that comes in giant plastic pails which our kids take for granted as in, "Get the brown rice bucket, son!" My little kids like to sit on them when the hide out in pantry. They sit on the coconut oil or on the palm shortening or on the Real Salt bucket which is next to the grain vault, which leads me to...
3. Whole grains, like whole and grains. I used to be a white wheat devotee until I tried Kamut. In two weeks, I am picking up 75 pounds of whole kamut grain because when I say whole grain, I mean it, bro.
4. Four dozen eggs, 'cause I'm running low. Yeah, bring on the five egg and cheese omelet but hold the toast and orange juice. In fact, gimme a glass of whole raw milk.
5. Eight pounds of butter. It was on sale and if the lady ahead of me and not bought the same amount, I would easily have sixteen. My kids spread it so thick on their bread, it is more like butter with a little bread. We eat a half a pound in our breakfast oats. We eat butter like Michelle Obama wants to take it away because she does!
6. A five gallon bucket for Sucanat. I need to hit up my connection again because my kids drink two gallons of water kefir a week but never a Gatorade or Powerade or Petroleumade.
7. Sourdough starter. 'Cause you never know when you're gonna need to roll with your mad skills and cook up some chocolate cake, English muffins, biscuits, pancakes, pizza crust or other such goodness. Who would use a cake mix or "wham" biscuit dough? Sheesh...
So, peeps, what is in your WAPF kitchen?
Linking up to Fight Back Friday!