I have been keeping my sourdough book price very low for the last year and I am going to increase it. It is going up from 99 cents to $2.99. This book is not strictly a recipe book and it uses zero commercial yeast. I am always surprised to find supposedly sourdough recipes which actually use the starter just as a flavoring and not as leaven. If you have been intimidated by sourdough in the past, this is a really easy introduction. I believe that if people were able to make it thousands of years ago, then you can definitely do it and I try to make the instructions clear, concise and easy to follow. Here is what I cover in the eBooklet:
- How sourdough is beneficial
- The science of how sourdough works
- How to catch a starter
- How to "wash" a starter to revive it
- How to tell the difference between a "sick" and "dead" starter
- Step-by-step instructions to bake bread, pizza and make pancakes
- How to bake using loaf pans, baking stones and Dutch ovens
- How to convert commercial yeast recipes to sourdough
- Trouble shooting guide
- Full color photos of every stage and step of the process of using your sourdough as well as photos of the final loaves of bread
This is the last chance to get the book alone for that lower price because after Saturday the 2nd of February the price will go up. If you are worried about the price increase, it will be available for a short time later this spring as part of a bundle of really awesome eBooks which will net you a lot more material but for a higher overall price. Those bundles are good deal considering all the material you get, but cost is sometimes a consideration for people.
There are three places to pick up the book. You can get it for Kindle and for Nook as well as on Smashwords.
If you already bake your own sourdough, send me your photos of bread or put them up on the blog's Facebook page HERE. I love seeing these photos and I hope that they inspire other people to bake their own bread. There is something magical and so satisfying about turning flour and water into bread. So, share any photos you have!
Linking up to Fat Tuesday!