I have a love-hate relationship with Facebook right now. I am not a fan of Timeline, but they moved my blog page over and then my personal and now I am being hassled to "promote" my blog page by paying them money, otherwise they hide my content. I decided not to pay up and then I watched my numbers drop. I do not have a budget for advertising, I pay for hosting and that is about it. I have never even paid a designer for art (although a friend has given me some) and I did all my formatting for my Kindle books myself. The less I spend on the blog, the less I am tempted to accept paid posts for things like Cheerios and Tide. I have never accepted a sponsored post for a product I would be embarrassed to endorse because, in the end, my integrity is worth more than a lame pittance of a check.
But they are putting the pressure on me in the form of killing my numbers. Rather than comply, I am asking you to do me a favor and run interference. You can still get my content and it will be free for both of us. Here is how:
- Like my page. Pretty basic first step.
- Hover over the "Like" button until you get a drop down menu and click "Add to newsfeed".
- In that same drop down menu, click "New List" and add my page to your list, you can name yours (mine is just favorites).
- Then click on your "Home" button. There you should look down the left sidebar and look under "Interests" for your new list. You can click on this list at anytime and see all your favorite blogs.
- You can also visit your favorite places and add them to your favorites list by hovering over "Liked" and then clicking both "Add to newsfeed" and the name of your list.
- Seem pretty complicated? HERE is a great blog post with screenshots to make it clear, super big thanks to Whole New Mom for putting it together!
Thanks so much for understanding!